RETURNS , EXCHANGES & WARRANTY
RETURNS & EXCHANGES:
At Harness Equipment we want to ensure you get the right gear you need to get the job done.
We know it isn't always easy to choose items online.
We want your experience to be easy, and give peace of mind.
We want you to be completely happy with our service and your new gear
Being Safety Equipment we cannot accept all items back and stock returns must be approved (*See non Returnable items Below or call us to discuss )
If it's not perfect for you,we will try our best to resolve this for you where possible
(within some reasonable limits - see "Return Conditions" below for full details)
If the mistake is our fault, we'll also cover all the postage to rectify
Just remember not to remove origional tags or labels until you are 100% satisfied with your purchase. Please open boxes and packets carefully, as we may need to be able to re-package the item.
As an expert, professional, or skilled worker, you know your stuff.
You're often looking for larger quantities, more specialist items or special order items. We work hard to get these for you, and we want you to be happy. So we'll work with you to find a solution for any return issues.
- If you order the wrong thing, or change your mind, we might need to exchange for store credit, charge a restocking fee, or limit/restrict returns; this is generally for bulky items, expensive, or all special-order items. Please Contact us to discuss.
- Of course if we've made any mistakes or if it is faulty we'll fix/resupply it. Just remember not to remove origional tags or labels for anything needing exchange, and let us know ASAP.
RETURN CONDITIONS FOR ALL ITEMS
We have a couple of logical and simple return conditions that you must adhere to, Item(s) that you want to return to us must be:
- Returned within 30 days of purchase
- Unworn/unused with original tags still attached, and packaging in good condition
- Due to safety/quality issues, certain types of gear (life-support safety gear) are not returnable for change-of-mind reasons (list below)
- If we've made any mistake/fault, we'll pay the postage. If you just changed your mind, you'll need to cover the postage cost, but we can usually help to reduce that cost substantially. Just contact us!
NON-RETURN ITEMS:Hygiene & Health Items:
Items that have been sealed for hygiene reasons can only be returned for change-of-mind if the seal and packaging is intact (e.g. drinking packs, breathing apparatus, underclothes or face masks, ear protection, etc).
Ex-Display - Scratch & Dent items are bought as is, as described. We make every effort to describe scratches/dents/faults/etc accurately.
Of course if there is a major fault that is of a different nature and is not mentioned/described, we'll cover it.
Life Support Equipment:
Unfortunately due to safety reasons, the following items CANNOT usually be returned for change-of-mind reason:
- Personal Protective Equipment clothing & devices (e.g. respirator masks, helmets)
- Safety Harnesses
- Ropes, cord, tube tape, rope products (e.g. rope lanyards etc)
- Webbing - slings, cut webbing, webbing products (e.g. web lanyards etc)
- Rope devices (e.g. rope grabs, karabiners/connectors, descenders, etc)
- anything used for life support (where human life depends on it, e.g. backup device, fall protection)
Of course if it has a manufacture fault or we've sent you the wrong thing, just let us know.
Hazardous Goods, Consumables:
Certain Hazardous Chemicals cannot be returned by post, as Australia Post will not carry them without formal HazChem Documentation and Labelling. You will need to contact us to discuss other freight possibilities.
These items are generally:
- Gas canisters (any pressurised gas even non-flammable ones)
- Liquids (other than properly sealed & packed in a way that Post accepts)
- Magnets and items containing magnets
- Consumables which are not in sealed packaging, or which have a use-by date
- Some Battery operated items
WARRANTY:If there are defects with a purchased item, we accept returns as all products are covered by a limited manufacturer’s warranty. Items covered by warranty claims will either be refunded,repaired or replaced but this will be determined by the Manufacturer not at the store level.
- Proof of Purchase needed please retain your receipt
- Document issue or fault as detailed as possible, including photos or video as this will fast track the whole proccess
- Instant Replacement is not guaranteed or approved by Harness Equipment, the item and discription of fault will be passed into the manufacture to determine the outcome
- Timeframe for the warranty process can take some time so please be patient and we will ensure to keep you updated on the status along the way.
- Postage of goods for warranty claims is not covered by Harness Equipment. If reimbursement for postage is agreed from the manufacturer, then we will ensure to pass this on
- Do Not Send back to Manufacturer unless directed to by Harness Equipment
- Temporary Loan Equipment will not be issued by Harness Equipment
HOW TO ARRANGE A RETURN:
- Tell us about it online here, or email email@example.com, or call us on (02) 8018 8301
- We'll let you know:
- if there's an easy way to solve the issue, OR
- if a return is the best way
- send the goods back to us (we recommend a registered/insured/tracked service):
HARNESS EQUIPMENT - Return # [insert your return number]
1/44 Edward St
Summer Hill NSW 2130
Our process once we have received the item back.
- We receive and inspect
- We process the refund/repair/exchange (see below about damaged packaging).
- If approved for exchanging, then we send your new goods.
- If approved for refunding, after a few minutes or days, the refund appears on your credit card, PayPal Account, or Bank Account
(the time will depend on your Bank or Provider; some banks can take up to 7 days)
Refunds can only be processed back to the original payment source.
- If its Warranty Claim we will assess and pass information onto the manufacturer and update you on the outcome as soon as possible
*If an item is returned damaged or with packaging damaged/unsealed or the tags have been removed, then we may deduct a restocking fee out of the original purchase price of the item, from the refund/exchange credit. If we receive a return item which has been damaged beyond repair or resale, or is in a non-return category (above), we may return the item to you without issuing a refund. Of course this doesn't apply to genuine manufacture faults.
We will comply with all return laws and consumer guarantees required by law. Beyond that, Harness Equipment reserves the right to determine compliance with this policy and refuse or accept a returned item(s), except as required by law. Where required by law, the above terms are severable and each may be struck leaving the remainder as applicable.